Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Wandering Mind

I'm a wanderer. No, I don't traipse through the woods with a carved walking stick and a knapsack full of granola and water bottles. I wander in my mind. A lot of trips with even more detours. More than I can keep track of.... so I get lost occasionally. Maybe not so much get lost as leave dead-ends in the trail I'm blazing. I find some of them and hack my way through a bit further. Some languish.

What would I write about that might interest others? I have no idea, but I can write about what interests me at the moment. Maybe it's writing software... woodworking... wine... photography... gadgets... web design... life, the universe, and everything. I think I know where I've been. I don't know where I'm going... well I guess that's not completely true... I have long-range plans and goals and try to move in that general direction. The path just isn't straight. But how interesting is a straight path anyway?

Lots of us joke about ADD and maybe this is a mild case. Or it's a curiousity about too many things and impatience to get to all of them. I'll let the psychologists worry about the causes. I don't see the need for any treatment.

Hmm, carving a walking stick might be interesting...

1 comment:

  1. Soren,

    If you do decide to carve a walking stick, I would like to see it. I've always thought that sauntering about with one would be very classy. Actually carrying a brelly would be better, as John Steed does, but here in Tucson...?

    ReplyDelete